Wednesday October 31, 2012 : UNIBET INTERIM STATEMENT
Currency exchange negatively affects results
Unibet Group Plc delivered its interim statement for its quarter three and year-to-date fiscal period ending September 2012, this week.
The company showed a decrease in gross winnings and profit over the quarter which its attributes to the late start of European football seasons as well as currency exchange translations. The firm's one-off payment to the Spanish tax authorities of GBP 2.6 million additionally impacted results.
Key performance indicators for the three month period ending 30 September 2012 include:
– Gross Winnings Revenue amounted to GBP 43.8 million (Q3/2011: GBP 37.8 million).
– Profit from operations amounted to GBP 4.5 million (Q3/2011: GBP 8.2 million). Excluding a one off tax payment of GBP 2.6 million, profit from operations for the third quarter 2012 would have been GBP 7.1 million.
– Profit before tax amounted to GBP 4.0 million (Q3/2011: GBP 8.2 million).
– Profit after tax amounted to GBP 3.4 million (Q3/2011: GBP 7.5 million).
– Earnings per share were GBP 0.120 (Q3/2011: GBP 0.269).
– Operating cash flow before movements in working capital amounted to GBP 8.7 million (Q3/2011: GBP 10.7 million).
– Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 382,378 (Q3/2011: 325,194).
YTD for the period January 2012 to September 2012:
– Gross Winnings Revenue amounted to GBP 140.3 million (YTD/Q3/2011: GBP 109.7 million).
– Profit from operations GBP 22.6 million (YTD/Q3/2011: GBP 26.6 million).
– Profit before tax GBP 22.1 million (YTD/Q3/2011: GBP 26.2 million)
– Profit after tax GBP 19.8 million (YTD/Q3/2011: 24.2 million).
– Earnings per share GBP 0.710 (YTD/Q3/2011: GBP 0.864).
– Operating cash flow before movements in working capital amounted to GBP 34.2 million (YTD/Q3/2011: GBP 33.5 million)
– Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 382,378 (YTD/Q3/2011: 325,194).
The company's cooperation with Rank in Belgium and its subsequent licence award will see the imminent launch of its offering in the Belgian market.
A trading update for the month of October has seen daily gross winnings revenues in the first four weeks up 29 percent compared to the third quarter and up 20 percent in local currency compared to the same period in October 2011.