No Deposit Bonus : SlotsLv casino currently is offering everyone a $22 no deposit bonus. New Players Only. Fully Cashable. USA and Canadian Players are welcome. Please see our SlotsLv review page for the no deposit bonus info. SlotsLv Review
Best USA Casino Bonus
Big Casino Bonus : All USA Players Welcome: Bovada Casino the #1 USA Online Casino offering all new signups a $3000 table game and slots bonus + weekly cash back. All new accounts qualify thru our link. No codes needed. For full bonus information please see our Bovada Bonus review.
Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board Confident on Internet Gambling Regulation
Thursday June 18,2015 : PENNSYLVANIA REGULATOR CONFIDENT IN ABILITY TO OVERSEE INTERNET GAMBLING
State Community, Economic and Recreational Development Committee hearing covers an interesting range of legalisation issues.
This morning's hearing by the Pennsylvania Senate Community, Economic and Recreational Development Committee was perhaps most notable for the confidence shown by officials from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board in their ability to licence and regulate intrastate online gambling.
Executive director Kevin O’Toole, in his testimony and under subsequent questioning, made the following points:
* Having carefully studied the online gambling regulatory scene, and in particular the experiences of other US states that have legalised, the PGCB is confident that it is capable of regulating and safeguarding consumers in an intrastate online gambling vertical.
* Internet gambling is a dynamic industry, and it would be wise to have a flexible regulatory regime capable of change to remain relevant.
* The Board believes that legalising bill SB900 should include a mandate for the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board to negotiate shared player pools with other legalised states.
* The state's overall gambling industry delivers revenues in excess of $3 billion annually and appears to have plateaued, remaining reasonably steady.
* The PGCB would like to see the duration of licenses increased from 3 years to 5 years.
* It would be beneficial if the Legislature permitted the Board to outsource slots testing to independent laboratories.
* A regulatory regime could be up and running 9-12 months from lawmakers passing the necessary legislation to sites launching, but it involved a great deal of work.
* Geo-location technology is now well developed and has impressed the Board.
* Noted the in-person registration of players in the SB900 proposal, and flagged possible enforcement problems with such a system, commenting that other legalised states allow online registration and have experienced few problems.
* Technology for ID and age verification on registration is well developed and effective, and there are supplementary techniques that can also be deployed.
* In other legalised states payment processing was initially a problem, but many of the difficulties have been, or are in the process of being, ironed out - mainly with card processing companies.
* Has not seen any evidence that suggests that legalised online gambling will cannibalise the business of land casinos in the state, and several industry executives with experience in the field advise that the contrary is the case.
* The online business needs time to develop and grow in revenue terms; advises not to start with expectations that are too high.
R. Douglas Sherman, chief counsel for the Board, gave members of the committee a thorough and professional briefing on the various laws surrounding online gambling in the United States and their impact on the industry, noting that the federal UIGEA has carve-outs for fantasy sports and intrastate online gambling.
He opined that the December 2011 Wire Act opinion from the Department of Justice and UIGEA’s intrastate carve out allows online gambling expansion, but warned that so far unsuccessful federal moves via the Restoration of America's Wire Act could, if passed, create hurdles.
Concluding, Sherman observed that the majority of Pennsylvania's twelve land casinos already operate social and promotional gaming websites with free-play and prize attractions
Next up was Kevin Kile, the PGCB's head of racetrack operations, who took the discussion away from online gambling to some extent, although he did observe that he did not see internet gaming having any adverse impact on the state racing industry, and that in fact racinos and internet gaming could be good for each other. The exchanges then went off into the pros and cons of Off Track Betting and its impact on the state and the racing industry.
Michael Cruz, who is the CTO of the Board, recommended that Pennsylvania considers the efficacy of the New Jersey regulatory model for online gambling; he answered technical questions on geo-location put to him by Senator Wiley, and commented that he had confidence in the technology and his department's ability to oversee it and shield it from hackers.
A problem gambling expert working with the Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Problems, Dr. Ken Martz, briefed the committee on addictive behaviour and suggested that legalised online gambling may make it necessary to increase the problem gambling contributions of operators beyond the current $150,000 each makes annually. Problem gambling was better prevented than treated, he said.
Martz did not appear to be up to date with the latest research on internet gambling, suggesting it might have higher addictive potential due to its easier accessibility, although he did acknowledge that over time the initial interest in i-gaming stabilises at a lower level.
The PGCB's head of Compulsive and Problem Gambling, Elizabeth M. Lanza could not put a figure on what sort of additional funding might be required for problem gambling contingencies if i-gaming in Pennsylvania was legalised.
Arguably the most hostile politician at the hearing was one Senator Tomlinson, who appeared to disbelieve (or be ignorant of) the now convincing research and empirical reports that cannibalisation of the brick and mortar business is not a consequence of the legalisation of online gambling.
The Senator claimed - without giving sources or other evidence - that an unnamed Pennsylvania land casino has lost 20 percent of its player base to legalised online gambling in New Jersey. He went on to exhibit a similarly misinformed attitude to differences in taxation, expressing fears that if legalised online gambling is approved it will persuade land operators to focus on internet gambling.
Limited time offer for all our Readers. All Countries. A brand new No Deposit Bonus. No Max Cashout. Claim It Here.
Gambling News :
Playtech Acquires ECM Systems -
Online gambling soiftware provider Playtech plc has announced the acquisition of a ninety percent stake in UK bingo software developer ECM Systems for a consideration of GBP 14.9 million.
Marks and Spencer store Manager steals to Gamblie Online -
The Cambridge News reports that a 28-year-old manager of a Marks and Spencer store, Martin Trenor, has been jailed for three years for stealing GBP 254,538.11 in shop takings over the course of a year and spending it almost immediately at online gambling websites.
Chinese Gambling crackdown could damage high roller revenue -
Fast-moving events this week have seen Australian media reports quoting hundreds of millions of dollars wagered by Chinese high rollers in Aussie land casinos, offset to some extent by Crown claims that this whale gambler" demographic generates only 12 percent of turnover.
EvenBet Open Face Chinese Poker -
Open Face Chinese Poker online games provider EvenBet has reported that its Open Face Chinese Poker product is gaining traction with games recently integrated for desktop action at the Malta-licensed operational site Poker Grant.
2016 EPT Malta -
The European Poker Tour is off to a good start in Malta, with German pro Dietrich Fast claiming a well-earned Euro 174,000 main prize in the Euro 10,000 buy-in Single-Entry Rebuy event.
Team Hot Launches -
#teamhot The Philippines licensed and GGNetwork-powered online poker operator Natural8 has announced the appointment to its "Team Hot" professional player line-up of Asian poker aces Kitty Kuo, Xuan Liu and Dong Kim.
Netent Q3-2016 Earnings Report -
#netent The UK continues to be an important growth driver but the weaker pound had an estimated negative effect of about three percentage points on revenue growth compared to the same quarter last year.
Please Note : Gambing might not be legal in your area. We bring you www.recentpoker.com as an information and gambling news site only. We hope that you find all the information and gambling news found in www.recentpoker.com to your liking. Please tell your friends about us and visit us again soon.