AMAYA REPORTS Q1/2016 RESULTS
Remains focused on ongoing growth plans.
Amaya Inc. delivered First Quarter 2016 Results for the three months ending March 31, 2016.
Key performance indicators for the three month period ending March 31, 2016 (reflecting new currency format from Canadian Dollar to US Dollar) include:
– A six percent increase in Total Revenue to $288.6 million (Q1/2015: $272.3 million).
– Real-money online revenue increased 6.7 percent.
– Real-money online poker revenues represented 75 percent (Q1/2015: 89 percent) of total revenues.
– Real-money sport book revenue was 21 percent of total revenue (Q1/2015: 6 percent).
– Adjusted EBITDA was $123.4 million (Q1/2015: $113.5 million, up 8.7 percent.
– Net earnings from continuing operations amounted to $55.5 million (Q1/2015: 23.2 million), an increase of 138.5 percent.
– Adjusted Net Earnings were $84.9 million (Q1/2015: 67.4 million), up 26 percent.
– Total long term debit was $2.57 billion.
– Customer registrations increased 2.5 million to total 102 million at the end of the quarter.
"Amaya remains focused," said Rafi Ashkenazi, interim chief executive officer of Amaya. "During the first quarter, we continued to execute on our growth plans despite unexpected challenges, including management changes and the ongoing strategic alternatives process.”
In a second quarter trading update for April 2016, Amaya Inc. estimates consolidated revenues to have reached $96 million, around 11 percent up on April 2015. Of that, 77 percent of revenues were attributed to real-money online poker and 21 percent to real money online casino and sportsbook combined.