Thursday August 18,2011 : First profitable quarter since Q2-2006, but there's a long way yet to go.
Investors in the online bingo company Bingo.com probably raised a Halleluiah! or two this week when the company's second quarter results showed a profit – the first quarter to do so since Q2-2006!
Financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2011 included:
* First profitable quarter since the second quarter of 2006.
* Net income for the three months ended June 30, 2011 of $8,520 compared to a net loss of $743,332 in the first quarter of 2011.
* Revenue of $363,492, an increase of 47 percent from revenue of $247,044 in the first quarter of 2011.
* Operating costs before interest, and depreciation expenses, including sales and marketing and general and administrative expenses were $354,947 in the second quarter of 2011, a decrease over operating costs of $987,749 in the first quarter of 2011 and a decrease over operating expenses of $425,892 in the second quarter of 2010.
* Sales and marketing expenses were slashed to $161,142 for the quarter, a decrease from expenses of $496,679 in the first quarter of 2011.
* The company had cash of $886,428 and positive working capital of $1,002,277 at June 30, 2011, compared to cash of $1,396,384 and positive working capital of $1,723,394 at December 31, 2010.
* Over 1,997,500 registered users
"Bingo.com has returned to profitability in the second quarter of 2011", said Jason Williams, Bingo.com's CEO. "In the first quarter of 2011, we completed the restructuring of Bingo.com's strategy, technology, and personnel and are pleased to see the positive results that have been achieved.
"As a member of the Unibet partner program, Bingo.com's international player acquisitions and revenues have greatly improved. The combination of a multi-language and multi-currency approach with a wide selection of premium bingo and casino games has resulted in high player values from a number of countries.
"With the launch of Bingo.com's marketing initiatives in January 2011 and the rise of our active player base, Bingo.com's revenues have climbed steadily. Now with higher revenues and lower operating costs, Bingo.com has been able to secure its first profitable quarter since the second quarter of 2006. Moving forward, Bingo.com will continue to invest in targeted marketing initiatives with the intention of growing revenues and profits."