Wednesday April 10,2013 : INTRACTIVE GAMBLING FIRM CONTINUES TO IMPROVE
NetPlayTV's year-end results impress, with mobile channel soaring
The interactive gambling group NetPlayTV continues to improve, turning in a positive set of 2012 year-end results and encouraging trading update this week.
Highlights of the FY-2012 included:
* 27.5 percent increase in net revenue to GBP 21.8 million (2011 recategorised: GBP 17.1 million)
* 30.5 percent increase in EBITDA to GBP 4.3 million (2011: GBP 3.3 million)
* 470 percent increase in statutory profit before tax to GBP 3.1 million (2011: GBP 600,000)
* Cash balance up 55 percent to GBP 12.3 million (2011: GBP 7.9 million)
* Cash generated from operations up 73 percent to GBP 4.3 million (2011: GBP 2.5 million)
* Increased investment in pure online and mobile marketing which together with TV marketing resulted in an increase in new depositing customers of 61.5 percent
* All live TV roulette games now available across iPhone, iPad and Android applications
* Strengthened relationships with ITV and Channel 5, plus extended agreement with ITV
Post period highlights:
* New ITV three-year broadcast agreement: now six nights with access to the ITV.com website to further enhance customer reach
* Current trading strong with Q1-2013 new depositing customers to 17,712 increasing by 42.4 percent over the same period in 2012 and net revenue up by 38.9 percent.
* Mobile and tablets accounted for 34 percent of all new depositing players and 30 percent of total net revenue, up from 9 percent in Q1 2012. Mobile and tablet the star performers in the quarter and now make a significant contribution to the NetPlay's overall net revenue increasing 364 percent on the same period in 2012 and 98 percent quarter-on-quarter.
* 39 percent year-on-year increase in active depositing casino players to 30,360 (Q1-2012: 21,869)
CEO of the group, Charles Butler, said Tuesday:
“This has been an exceptional year both financially and operationally for the group. With key performance indicators and our broadcast relationships going from strength to strength, we are particularly pleased with the progress that has been made in line with our stated growth strategy.
“The significant investment the group continues to make in marketing has had a significant impact over the year and this enhances our ability to drive further growth in our core UK market, whilst the viable overseas markets and the commercial opportunities they offer will be appraised as regulation starts to take shape.
“We enter 2013 with confidence as the group’s strategy continues to bear fruit. Building upon the strong start to the year, we look forward to continuing to drive growth and shareholder value.”