10/29/2012 : PERFORM QUARTERLY RESULTS
Growth strategy paying off
Digital sports media firm PERFORM presented its Q3 Interim Management Statement showing strong growth in revenue and a positive outlook for the year ahead.
Key performance indicators for the three month period ending September 30, 2012 include:
– Year on year revenue growth of 44 percent to GBP 39.5 million (Q3/2011: GBP 27.4million)
– GBP 140 million of revenue contracted for full year 2012 and GBP 110 million of revenue for full year 2013.
– Quarter on quarter revenue growth of 10 percent.
– ePlayer headline quarterly sell through rate of 41 percent, total quarterly streams viewed 1.1 billion and average monthly unique users of 111 million (Q3/2011: sell through rate of 19 percent, 985 million total streams and 86 million unique users).
– ePlayer to launch in Q4 across over 100 Gannett-owned websites in the US.
– Significant new domestic clip rights partnerships secured with NFL (USA) and La Liga (Spain).
– Launch of eight Omnisport regional feeds, focused on regional content and in six languages.
– Continued investment in Goal.com with six new editions launched, mainly in Latin America.
Oliver Slipper, Joint Chief Executive Officer, said:
"We are pleased to report that our strong operational and financial performance has continued through Q3, which reflects the successful execution of our growth strategy. We have reported substantial increases in revenues and are making significant investments in additional content, new platform development and international opportunities as we build the business to deliver long term sustainable growth. We are on track to deliver full year 2012 results in line with the board's expectations.
"We are excited about our continued progress in the US market with deals signed with Gannett and NFL which will increase our distribution network and enhance our content offering. Runningball and Mackolik are included for the first full quarter and their integration is progressing well. As we look further out, our contracted revenues for full year 2013 are GBP 110 million, which gives us confidence that we are on track to deliver strong growth in 2013."