Friday February 15,2013 : VEIKKAUS REPORTS MODEST GROWTH
Mobile now accounts for 50 percent of gaming revenues
Finnish national betting agency Veikkaus, who recently underwent a management restructure and business strategy revision, reported on its full year 2012 results which it said were impacted by one-off changes in the environment that included an increase in lottery tax.
Key performance indicators for the 2012 Full Year include:
– A rise in earnings of 3.2 percent compared to full year 2011.
– A 6.9 percent increase in registered players to 1463000.
– Mobile app website visits rose to 100 000 per week and accounts for 50.1 percent of Veikkaus gaming revenues.
– Network gaming reached Euro 112.4 million in turnover, up 11.2 percent.
– Sports betting rose 6.1 percent to Euro 290.6 million
– Players were paid a total of Euro 950 in winnings, down 1.1 percent from last year.
Veikkaus said it expected moderate growth during 2013 as it focuses on gaming investment, multiple channel development and better service.