12/28/2011 : Stock prices gain from increased U.S. momentum
The positive impact of the U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ) opinion on internet gambling on some American gambling company stocks has most likely filtered through to impact European and British stocks too which have over the past week recorded a sudden surge during a historically quieter period.
Notable increases as InfoPowa went to press include:
– bwin.party up 22.79 percent, who has a relationship with MGM Resorts and Boyd Gaming
– Playtech Ltd up 14.9 percent, affiliated to Scientific Games through SciPlay
– 888 Holdings up 9.03 percent, deal struck with Caesars Entertainment earlier this year.
– Ladbrokes up +3.34 percent
– William Hill +3.18 percent, bought Brandywine Bookmaking, a land-based sports betting operator in Nevada and Delaware and two other similar businesses in Nevada, listed American Wagering and the sports book division of Club Cal.