Thursday November 20,2014 : GALA CORAL DELIVERS ROBUST FULL YEAR RESULTS
Significant investment in online and mobile delivering the goods
Gala Coral delivered an upbeat full year 2014 report this week with the company showing strong underlying growth in all major divisions and its recently launched online business "paying off strongly".
Key performance indicators for the full year ending September 27, 2014 include:
– Group gross profit amounting to GBP 890 million, up 9 percent on FY2013.
– Total group EBITDA of GBP 235.5 million, 14 percent ahead
Online and mobile were star performers, key performance highlights include:
– Coral.co.uk actives grew 70 percent and gross profit 134 percent
– A three-fold increase in Sportsbook Bet-In-Play stakes
– Galabingo.com saw an increase in spend-per-active of 23 percent and gross profit was ahead 18 percent
– Galacasino.com grew actives by 14 percent and gross profit by 36 percent
– Percentage of actives using the mobile platform increased across all brands: Coral.co.uk 67.2 percent, Galabingo.com 54.3 percent, Galacasino.com 48.7 percent and Eurobet 45.3 percent.
Chief executive officer of the Gala Coral Group, Carl Leaver said: "The Group's financial performance in the full year was very pleasing with all major divisions reporting underlying growth in both gross profit and EBITDA.
"The significant investment in launching our new Online business is paying off strongly, with gross profit up 54 percent and EBITDA up 104 percent."
The momentum continues as current trading for the first 7 weeks of the new financial year shows growth in the online division "continuing on the same trajectory as FY14".