Monday January 21, 2013 : ALASKA PLAYERS TOPS IN SOCIAL GAMING
But UK players spend twice as long on games
A new study by Playnomics reports that in Q4-2012 Anchorage, Alaska had the highest average revenue per paying social gaming user in the United States, along with the highest monetisation rate.
The research firm collects anonymous information from publishers and developers around the globe, and for the current study, it sampled 30 million players of social games on PCs, tablets, and smartphones.
Alaskans might spend more, but UK players take more time engaging with social games, spending twice the average international amount of time playing, and thrice the global average for sessions played.
Other interesting findings from the report:
* Japanese and Hong Kong players are also big social gaming fans.
* Chinese players are the least engaged.
* Female users play 22 percent more sessions than males.
* The average global session length is 23.7 minutes
* Average number of sessions per global player is 55.6.
* Average time played per global user is just under 2.5 hours (154.1 minutes)
* Britain and Ireland have the most loyal social gamers
In its Q3-2012 report, Playnomics found that approximately 85 percent of players do not return after the first day, but that users that are brought back into the game within two days of their first session play 334 percent more overall.